- 2 cups (500ml) almond flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sea salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) dried thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) dijon mustard
- 2 large free range grain fed chicken eggs, beaten
- 3 lbs (1.5 kg) free range grain fed chicken pieces
- olive oil
- Mix almond flour, salt, paprika, thyme, freshly ground pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the dijon mustard to the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then in the flour mixture. Place the coated chicken in a 9×13 inch (3.5 L) casserole dish.
- Add a 1/4 inch (5mm) layer of olive oil to a large frying pan and heat on medium high heat until the oil is hot (do not burn oil).
- Place several pieces of chicken in the oil at a time and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Put the fried chicken back in the casserole dish.
- As you start frying your last batch of chicken, preheat the over to 400 oF (200 oC).
- Place the casserole dish in the over and bake the chicken until cooked through, about 30 to 40 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 oF (180 oC).
- Follow steps 1 to 3 in the above directions.
- Drizzle the chicken lightly with olive oil and bake until cooked through, about 75 to 80 mins.
Recipe came from the “Everyday Grain Free Gourmet” cookbook. Great book to have for healthy recipes.